Re: Finals Disqualifications - Controversial comments

> Loz.
>

> ps. I would like to point out that as an ex-Desford player(88-93) I
> feel very sorry for all the members in the current band.

I suppose SOME people may say that the only disappointment for a band member
in a band made up of professional players would be one less pay cheque in
the run up to christmas, although I would'nt like to imply that myself of
course.

ps , any truth in the rumour that Desford are giving up contesting
completely due to bad results, VERY high costs to get a band to a contest,
and so they can persue a more modern approach to brass banding...ie world
tours etc?

pps, because of the current problems at the top end of the midlands regional
1st section, could a band such as NCT win the finals, displacing Kibworth
and causing them to sit another year in the 1st section?

Mark Tarry - Sop Ratby Co-op
Web Guardian of -
The Nottingham City Transport Band -
http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/burundi/456/