Reputation?

> Music is an individual preference. But I do think the description of
> Brenton Broadstock's work Fortuna as "awful" is a little wrong without
> giving reasons. Brenton is a successful Australian composer - orchestral,
> chamber and brass - who grew up playing trombone in Salvation Army brass
> bands and has been regularly commissioned by SA bands, including a new
> trombone solo on the ISB soloists discs just released.

Yes, it is an individual preference, granted. But despite the successes and
acolades, even Brenton B could have produced a "dog" of a piece (No
reference to The Loaded Dog). Who knows! I haven't heard the piece but am a
bit miffed about padding out someone's, I guess you could say reputation,
and saying that it is a good piece. This is not a direct description of what
you have said Chris, but you see my point don't you? Especially in the
fickle world of music, where everyone has an opinion, so who is right????

John Szkutko
Victorian Champion EEb & BBb Tubas :-)