Poll Results

Hi,

It  was good to read from the results of the recent poll that the
majority of respondents (54%) expressed a preference for concert
performance or the entertainment style competition above other
performance.

The poll does, however, suggest that just under half the respondents
either aren't too pushed about what they listen to or play (no
preference 19%) or prefer  contesting  (28%).

With 28% preferring contests I am beginning to believe that the brass
band scene now has more in common with  sport (winning the competition,
the "league ratings", buying in the right players etc.) rather than
music.

Is it any wonder audiences appear to be turning away?

Don't get me wrong, contests have their place, and their obvious
benefits; but are they really more important than everything else?

Killian Power