Re: National Finals - Disqualification

Greetings,
Just returned from 10 days at an S A Music Camp in NW Washington State and am
now catching up on my e mail.
I had noticed a previous posting about the rumour of the bands being
disqualified and then when I opened my mail it was confirmed in the 24th July
BB.
I am not on the scene so I can only speculate, but it seems to me that the
organisor who has done the talking is Philip Morris. Is he also the person who
was responsible for the issuing of the suspensions. If I am not mistaken, was he
also not the person who caused so much problems before with the band(s) that
were knocked off the titles who apparently had a player incorrectly registered?
I do not know the rules and have not even read them so do speak only from a far
and distant unqualified observer, but I wonder if someone is on a 'Power Trip"
as we call it here in Canada? Is Philip the same person who created the court
case that was eventually won by the band, and again my memory fails me, I don't
want to name the band that I think (Rhos it is) I just looked up in the BB.
Yes rules are rules but when Desford's band manager Pet Smith stated he found
out the lady who was supposed to post the acceptance was ill and had not been
able to do so, he phoned confirming the acceptance, then they should have been
given the benefit of the doubt.
ON THE OTHER HAND, when do these invitations go out to the bands, and are they
sent with a one month, two month or longer, or on the contrary, a shorter period
to respond?
What takes a band so long to respond? (My ignorance of the rules etc. etc. show
here?)
Am I correct that some of these administrators are on power trips, do they not
like certain bands, or directors, or executive.
Just a curious question from a distant Canadian.
Larry White
Cariboo Hill Temple S A
Vancouver BC
Canada