RE: A Connecticut Yankee....

How about Folkestone Contest on the 9th and 10th October.  Folkestone
is
on the Kent coast about 1 =BD hours from London.  This is a well run
event
with bands from youth level to championship class competing, performing
own choice test pieces.  There always used to be an evening concert by
top band on the Saturday, but I'm not sure if that's happening this
year.

David Cooper
=09
	As unexpected bonus arrived on my desk the other day - the
opportunity to
	make a business trip to London during the last part of
September, into early
	October.  While the arrangements are not yet confirmed and
approved, it would
	appear that I will have the weekend of October 2nd to myself.
The first part
	of my trip will be to Oxford, but I can arrange to have time in
London, and
	possibly in Worthing.  I have never had the opportunity to
travel to the UK
	before, and was wondering what opportunities I might have to
attend some
	Brass Band events while I was over there.

	Any tips and things to avoid would be most welcome too.
=09