Re: Sydney Olympics

To "A PERSON WHO KNOWS", I find it interesting that you are an
Australian and
complaining about what Band people and the "general public" have done
for you.
If they didn't stand up and say what they have, to get Australians into
the
Olympic Band, you would be one of a thousand bandsmen sitting in the
stands
watching the American and Japanese musicians marching around the
Stadium. You
would then have the nerve to say, "I could do that. Why didn't they get
Aussies
for the band? Why get overseas players?"
By then it would have been to late to do anything.
As for the others not being able to march. It took my band (made up of
24 young players who had never marched before) 4, 1 hr practices,
(without instruments) and then another 2, 1 hr practices with
instruments to
become a band that can compete in State titles and WIN.
Okay its not "The Olympics" but it doesn't take much to teach young
people how
to march. As long as you have the patience. Have you tried to show
people or
have you just looked on in disgust?

To Ron Grice, I thought that this is what this forum is all about.
People
putting across there point of view, with or without facts (and I have
seen some of those in the last few days). Whether it is right or not, it
is their opinion.
If this isn't right please correct me. If we can't put our opinion to
this
forum, I think that maybe its time for us to move on.
IMO
Mick