RE: Various National Anthems

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Hayes [mailto:judith.hayes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 September 1999 23:21
To: Brass band list postings
Subject: Various National Anthems

In a couple of weeks time, Bilton Silver will have the privilege of playing
at the Parliamentary Rugby World Cup at Rugby School (where William Webb
Ellis showed a fine disregard for the rules and picked up the ball and ran
etc etc etc - or did he?)  .  We will be playing the National Anthems of the
various teams before each match (and passing the time pleasurably in the
beer tent between times - alcohol-free drinks only, of course.  I believe
some rugby fans may watch the matches...).

Has anyone got any arrangements (or even just the tune - we can always
arrange it) for the South African and Japanese national anthems (and the
French, Scottish, Welsh and combined Irish ones) (and what on earth do you
play for combined Irish????)

Thanks in advance,
Jud

--

There is a book of National Anthems published which is commonly used by
Military Bands. It should be available from Wright & Round , who I believe

Generally, "Danny Boy" is used for combined Irish events.

Good Luck.

Stephen Tighe