Eb Bass Tuba Solos

Hi List,

I wonder whether you could all offer me any advice. I am being placed on the
soloist list for a "Last Night of the Proms" concert in three weeks time and
am wondering what to play. It needs to be substantial but not too 'heavy' in
style. Can anyone therefore offer any suggestions on good Eb Bass solos that
fall into both these categories. I've thought about Czardas (Arr. Sykes) but
have played that to death really so want something of a similar style,
flashy but light-hearted. Please, not "The Sun Has Got His Hat On" or "Teddy
Bear's Picnic", both have already been suggested. To give you an idea, other
solos I have played recently are "Impromptu for Tuba" and "Capriccio"
(Newton). If anyone can offer publisher details as well I'd be grateful.
Hope to meet up with some old friends and put some names to faces from the
list at the Open on Saturday.

Regards,

Rob Norman.
Solo Eb Bass - GUS Band.

P.S:- I don't know whether I'd consider it suitable for that concert but I
seem to remember hearing about a brass band arrangement of the
Vaughan-Williams Tuba Concerto. Does this exist and, if so, can anyone tell
me how I can get hold of it.