The Olympic Band Issue

Well i must admit i am not the worlds best speller, and maybe not the
worlds best computer operater, but i certainly know what devotion means,
i was born in new zealand, and when i was five i came over to live in
australia, the land of the dust, snakes, dingos, and people who live in
huts, well thats the impression a five year old got from the media
(news, papers, tv) and it was all WRONG, and anyone thats half still got
thier marbles ( well that would apply to some of us ), would know that
was not the case, but you so often talk to people on the internet and
that is the image of australia they have, and i know now that this is
very much not the case, i love australia, i love everything about
australia, but i also appreciate thatthere is a world out there, and
australia is only a part of that world, selfish people say "we didnt
play at the americans games why should they play at ours", becuase we
are australian, we have heart, we love our country butwe also appreciate
other countires, and appreciate that the olympics is a WORLD event it
just happened to be in australia in the year 2000, now that is a great
honour, the millnium games, the new improved olympics "the green
olympics", a time to celebrate what such a great world we live in and to
"share the spirit" does everyone notice the word "SHARE", do australians
share??, what is the rest of the world thinking about australia, babies
dont share their toys, australians dont share their games, or should we
say the WORLDS games, im suprised they havent stopped the other
countries atheletes competing, after all it is OUR games, why should
other atheletes come from around the world, when we have the talent
here, (we sure do), but there is a place and a time, now the original
plan was for 2000 kids from around the world to play at the 2000 games,
but things happened and things changed and it ended up with americans,
australians, japanese, and other amoutns from other countries, now what
is wrong with that, it is not as if the americans are the only ones
marching, the japanese are Officially the best in the world, and the
australians (as Hunter Marching Emeralds & John Paul College have shown
us) australians are up there too, why not put the best in the world
together, and form up for the millenium event - The Olympic Games, its
majestic even in its title, what is wrong with that, it will probably by
the looks of things endup that there will be more australians than any
other country anyway, but i cant get the grasp of why people are against
it, any australian that wants to be in the olympic band, can audition,
if they are good enough, and they get 2000 australians that are up to
the standard then im sure they will accomodate for these as well, that
maybe an over estimation, but if they can prove themsleves to be able to
be taught the very difficult marching techniques required, than all the
better, thats one more person il be able to speak the same language
with.as i have said i love australia, and nothing would make me proud
than to represent them at the olympic games, its the chance of a
lifetime, at one stage they were thinking of cutting the whole project,
not having the australians or americans - noone,  becuase of the uproar
that people gave over something that really didnt have anything to do
with them, what would you say to tose 500 australians, "oops sorry we
thought we were doing the right thing", u dont put out a fire by adding
more wood do you?

Im sorry but i decided to risk my position, to tell people in the
banding world, what really went on, and how we felt about our own people
going against us, i was a victimized and ridiculed for being in the
olympic band, by other memebers of another band in which i belonged, is
that australian, are people out there prepared to let others suffer just
so they can put there second hand point accross, now truly noone here
would put their hand up for it would they?,

I understand other peoples opions but when u have a person who actually
knows whats going on and why things are happening, wouldnt you listen to
them, and not be so selfish as to continue with your stories, well
people that have still got thier marbles would recognize this and
appreciate, that someone actually tried (TRIED) to tell the truth (
something which i have proved the media cannot do).

Regards
Stephen Fryday

P.S - (Jeremy Wise) I have no spell checker, and hence i am still at
school, themistakes o make in my emails unless u are a halfwitted idiot
im sure u can understand them.

P.P.S - (Peter Yougnhusband) I just joined the list and i did not view
any corrections to the original email hence i attemped to admit to a
mistake that occured, or arent australians aloud to do that anymore

P.P.P.S - (Nigel Stobbs) Im sorry if there was such a marking for Micks
band but being assessed if you are standing straight and walking right,
doesnt exactly qualify you as a good marching band - winning sections in
the world championships (like half of our band was invloved in) does
take some credibility on the involvment of being in a marching band, i
have been in marching bands since i was 8 years old, and i still could
not tell you every type of marching manoever that has been invented, as
you can see there is alot more than standing in a line and walking in a
line to marching, if that was all that was involved i would say that the
2000 olympic band would win hands down any marching competition that
involved that.

- I know this email is long, but to tell you exacrly what was needed to
be said this was needed to be done, now i do not wish for anyone to
argue with any points that i have said, becuase I wouldnt of said them
if they were not true to date as of this day. and of all people i am not
an aggressive person, but when people victimise other people i hold a
great hatred for any man (or woman) who attacks someones choice or even
someones dream, my dream will never be the same, it would have been alot
easier for australia,
the world and of course the people directly involved ( the australian
contigent ) if people listened to the true facts and not that of which
money hungry scavengers wanted you all to know.

Stephen Fryday