Re: Sydney Olympics and British Open...

Unfortunately Ron you were not able to be present at a number of
rehearsals at both Kew and Brunswick Bands.  I was only home for a
short while but decided to bring back music that wasn't available in
Australia.  I conducted the Kew band at a concert which included
music from Norway and the UK.  I do hope to put a lot back into the
Movement in Aus but one month is not enough to do that.  I hope that
the input I gave back to my old band, gives them the inspiration and
maybe the drive to be hungry for new experiences and most of all new
music.

I agree that the bands everywhere turn over a lot of players, but
times have changed and so have lifestyles, so for anyone from any
country to be able to do a concert or a rehearsal or even a contest,
is the greatest experience for a band or brass player.  I hope we can
encourage more of this in the future.  We have much to offer the
English bands as they do to their Australian, New Zealand or any
oversease banding counterparts.

cheers
Matt....