Re: Various National Anthems

	Last year our local rugby club hosted some of the youth world rugby
cup games.
I can't remember how England did since they got knocked out so early but
Wales made the final by beating South Africa in a tense game in the semi. I
digress.
	On a Monday night Wales played Argentina and somehow the DJ managed
to play the Russian anthem by mistake! There was very nearly a diplomatic
incident.
	The club phoned me in a panic on Wednesday to see if the band would
play for the semis to try and make sure we got them right. I was given a
tape on wed afternoon and the matches kicked off back to back at six o'clock
Thursday.
	The upshot is that after a sleepless night and an unscheduled
afternoon off work, we played the anthems for Ireland v New Zealand and
South Africa v Wales in front of 10000 people and live on digital tele
without rehearsal or even a run-through to make sure the arrangements worked
and had been correctly transposed!
The South African anthem is a new version combining Kosi Sicelele (I think
that spelling is close ) and Die Stem and the Irish also have a new upbeat
anthem called Ireland Ireland.
If you want any of these and I believe we also have the Japanese anthem them
email me @ richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Richard Smith
British Steel (Port Talbot)
WussBrass2000(annually at least)