British Open 1999

Dear All,

Here are the results and some thoughts (I wonder if I'm the first to
post........!)
The figures in brackets are the order of play.

1   (16)     Yorkshire Building Society (D. King)
2   (22)     Black Dyke (J. Watson)
3   (12)     Williams Fairey (J. Gourlay)
4   (14)     Brighouse & Rastrick (A. Withington)
5   (4)      Fodens (N. Childs)
6   (10)     Cory (J. Wise)
7   (20)     Tedegar (J. Scott)

All that I'll say on the result is that the top 5 were very close, however
I was surprised that Fodens weren't placed higher. Their are more qualified
people than we to comment on the result than I, so let the debate begin!!

Just a couple of other quick thoughts. Was it anticipated that the contest
would take 10 hours, and the mystery of the day, what happened to Desford
at the end of their presentation?

Bye for now,

Edward Dixon.