RE: Percussion at the Open

>  Jason Jones said;
>  Many thanks to Simone Rebello and Chris Bastock for providing such a
slick
>  and professional service at the British Open. It was just as well
organised
>  as the Masters.

I agree with Radox, getting ON the stage was so easy. However, once you have
played you are left to your own devices trying to get through the maze of
corridors underneath Symphony Hall. Why we cannot carry the gear round to
the rear of the stage and then take it through the door we came in I don't
know.

YBS will back me up on this that they had not got all their percussion gear
back to the changing room by the time we were going on (they were band 16,
we were 18). If the organisers can get this right next year we have an ideal
hall with great facilities, great sound and great organisation.

Richard Dyson
Web Master Whitburn Band
e-mail:     webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website:   http://www.whitburnband.freeserve.co.uk