Re: New music etc...

Sorry I didn't get to those rehearsals Matt you forgot to tell me they were
on,But seriously I think thats good that you were able to introduce new
music to those bands,unfortunately too few conductors seem to want to
rummage around and play new music . Its a bit like the big concert in
Melbourne a little back publicity said the Australian premiere performance
of Symphonic dances West side story arr. crees. Waratah bought this music in
1988 and has played it a number of times plus parts of it in the Ern Keller
contest. We also played Vitae Lux 2 years ago and most of our programmes are
manuscript .I suppose because we are considered to be in the bush to the
city bands most of what we do is either reported incorrectly or not at all.
Commiserations on the open but old D K does it again. Its hard to keep a
good Aussie down isn't it

Ron