RE: Piccolo trumpet and band???

Bo,

There is a solo called 'Take your pic', by Bruce Fraser I think, which is
not a bad piece.  Its not that easy for soloist but is very listenable, with
a bit of a rock beat to it.  It was played by Martin Winter with Brighouse
at the All England Masters gala concert in 1994.  Its on the CD, check it
out.

The only other solo I know is 'Blessed Assurance' I think by Stephen Bulla,
in which you start on flugel and then finish on pic.

Martin.
sop - B&R