Re: Piccolo trumpet and band???

At 14:39 20/09/99 , Bo wrote;

>The soprano player in our band asks if anybody knows any repertoire for
>piccolo-trumpet(s) and brass band?
>
>Bo Bollmann

Bo,

Joseph Turrin's Escapade is a great solo for picc and brass band. It was
written for Phil Smith (New York Phil). I have just recorded this (playing
tuba of course!) on my new solo CD 'Sykology' which is due to be released
in mid October.

Bruce Fraser also wrote a number for picc and band, it has a very apt title
- 'Take Your Picc' (I understand that this title does not translate well on
the Continent!!!).

All the best
Steve Sykes - Tuba Soloist, Conductor
e-mail: