Re: no anedotes??? Lets try some topics

The best starting point is here:
http://www.optom.unsw.edu.au/public/other/disaster.htm
These are a collection from when we last put around the story hat.

RM

"mlathrop" <mlathrop@xxxxxxxxxx> on 22/09/99 09:33:32

Please respond to brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   "Brass Band List" <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:    (bcc: Rolf Miezitis/NFP/North/AU)
Subject:  no anedotes???  Lets try some topics

Hi Brass Band list!

It appears in spite of all the great witticisms and insights I have read on
this list, no one can recall any when simply asked for a great story.
Since
I still need a lot of program copy for our upcoming concerts, at which we
will be introducing audiences to British style brass bands, I need help
putting together items worth reading.

Lets try a couple of topics to see if they jog any memories.  Please tell
me
about any of the following:

1     Your most exciting performance ever

2     The most embarassing moment in a concert or practice

3     The worst thing you have ever seen done to a band uniform,
instrument, or piece of equipment

4     Spouses meeting through band

5     Band legends....what is your band, or interesting characters in it,
famous for?

Hopefully this is enough to get people started.  Any contribution is
welcome!  Please include your name, instrument, band name and where you are
from.

Also, several really great stories were told after my post about practice
in
the funeral home, but unfortunately I didn't save them.  If any of you did
save them, could you forward them to me, for possible use in the program?
won't print anything without the author's permission.

Thanks!

Mary Ellen Lathrop
2nd horn
Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band