Re: no anedotes??? Lets try some topics

The worst concert I ever did, wasn't with the full band, just 10 musicians
of the band.
At a big happening, we were asked to play a little foxtrot, while a woman
would dance on the music we played (without rehearsing, of course!).
The only problem was that the music had to be arranged (from the recording
the dancer gave us), and the arrangement (done by one of the musicians)
wasn't ready and copied until two minutes before we went on stage! To save
time, he didn't write separate parts, but just copied the score ten times.
To make things even worse, we had to sit on a few little "stages on wheels",
so that we could start playing off scene, and they would roll us on stage
while playing. A great effect, but these movable stages were so small that
we didn't have place to put stands. Imagine: they rolled us on stage, while
we tried to play with these large scores on our knees or in our hands, while
this lady was trying to recognize the foxtrot she was supposed to dance on!
I have to say, the first page of the score went fairly OK, under the
circumstances. The really big troubles began when we turned the first page:
our friend just forgot to mention that he copied the parts "recto verso"
(page 2 on the back side of page one)! Most of us only discovered this when
we allready had thrown away the first sheet of music, so the disaster became
complete when some jumped to the floor to catch that first page again, while
others were hopelessly trying to play the foxtrot "as they remembered it".
I'll never forget the face of that dancer...
Later in the evening, the dancer did her dance again (with the original
tape), while we were sitting in a bar somewhere, bursting into laughter
everytime someone tried to say something ...

Stef Pillaert, euph., Willebroek.