re: Mouthpieces

BRIAN EMMERSON  wrote:
>I recall last year there was a series of messages regarding mouthpieces or
>treatments suitable for those who suffer from allergy to nickel. Could
>someone remind me of what the solutions were?

I discovered I was allergic to gold-plated Denis Wick mouthpieces when i was
about 15, having saved up for one for ages (them were 'ard times, you know,
when I were a lass!)

The solution, which worked for me, was to get it silver plated.  I think I
had it done by the shop I bought it from, but you can ask around local
jewellers etc and probably get a good price.  The result was great, no
problem there.

I now buy only silver plated mouthpieces, and have had no trouble since.  I
am quite sensitive (no, don't laugh, those who know me) to "cheap" metal, so
if it works for me it is likely to work for most people.

Jud (Scary)