Re: Test Pieces - likes and dislikes

It's funny how you start off not liking a test piece but it evenutally "grows"
on you.  We did Connotations as our own choice at the Nationals this year.  Most
of us hated it at first (probably because of all the awkward time signatures)
but I quite got to like it by the end.  Quite a good percussion part too.

My favourite though would have to be Suite Gothique by Leon Boellmann.  We did
it as our own choice at the 1985 Nationals (and it was a winner for us!).
Fingals Cave gets an honourable mention.

A test piece I could never get to like was "Facets of Glass"!!!

Ciao,
Vicki
City of Greater Dandenong Band Inc.