Re: Test Pieces - likes and dislikes

-----Original Message-----
From: Bo Bollmann <bo.bollmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 30 September 1999 18:36
Subject: SV: Test Pieces - likes and dislikes

>Hi Alistair,
>
>My band is rehearsing Blitz at the moment, and I think its a
fantastic
>piece of music that is also fun to play.Generally I like Bourgeois'
>testpieces;Forest of Dean, Devil...  A piece that I didn't like
playing was
>Spectrum, which IMHO is rubbish....
>
>Best wishes
>Bo, euphonium
>Lyngby-Taarbek Brass Band, denmark

Rubbish or not, without "Spectrum" there would be no "Blitz" (or a
lot more fantastic works either.)

Whilst on the subject of favourite test-pieces, depending on what
kind of mood you catch me in, mine vary between "Variations On A
Ninth", "Freedom" "Contest Music" and "Cloudcatcher Fells"

Can't think of any that I dislike.

Sandy McAughtrie
Gilbert's No.1 Fan