Re: Inspiring a Band ?

David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi
>
>  I wonder could anyone help me.  I am currently starting to do a little
>  conducting and could use a few ideas from thse more experienced than my
self

David

Join the National Association of Brass Band Conductors, and attend the
meetings and workshops which take place (usually free to all members) and i'm
sure you will find all the information you need.

That's what I did 10 years ago when i started out with riddings in the 3rd
section.  The little things you pick up from just being in the company of
some of our movements great conductors and band trainers is priceless

And to seriously answer your question, develop team spirit and get them
playing for each other as this is IMHO the best way to make music.  also the
B*****ing is a good tool to have but remember the golden rule that it is
effective in inverse proportions to its use :-))

John Davis
Hon Sec NABBC number 3 area