Re: Inspiring a Band ?

Mark Tarry wrote...
>Most of the MD's I've played under seem to sweat lots, shout and swear,
>throw and break batons and resign at least once a month.

Wouldn't work with most bands.  I'd swear back and go somewhere where the
conductor displayed some or preferably most of the following:
  Patience
  Respect
  A sense of humour
  Knowledge (and an ability to pronounce Italian words!)
  High expectations (have low expectations and people will always live DOWN
to them!)
  Musicality
  Preparation
and hopefully
  An ability to sink pints with the best of them

Hmm.  Anyone know any conductors like that?
B-bye now,
Jud