Re: Inspiring a Band ?

On Fri, 01 Oct 1999 at 13:26:25 +0100, jeremy wise wrote:

> Tips I have been given and things that I have found to work.

I shall keep those - thanks. (Not that I'm aspiring to conduct)

> 8. Shout sometimes - it doesn't hurt but have good reason and time it
> right - the night before a contest not usually the right time.

I've sometimes observed that it's a good idea to have a really bad
rehearsal before a big job, and a really good one.  The first makes you
think "my God, I'd better put some more work into this" and the second
"we can do it, after all".

Ian