Re: test piece favourites & hates

Couldn't agree more re Royal Parks. The first two movements are among my
favourites also, but  for me the third movement isn't in the same class.
Moorside Suite has the same problem. The first two movements are excellent,
but the third isn't quite in the same league. Other test pieces which have
that touch of class are Odin (Butterworth), Contest Music and Partita
(Heaton), Variations for Brass Band (Vaughan Williams), Cloudcatcher Fell
(McCabe), Soverign Heritage (Beaver), Pagentry (Howells) and Resurgam (Ball).

Colin McHardy
Timpani, Whitburn