Albert Hall

Hi List,

I will be traveling to England to see the Nationals for the first time on the
16th, and I was wondering is there a brass concert on that night in the hall?
Some of the group I'm traveling with think there may be something, but I haven't
seen any adverts. Can anyone help?

One small complaint. Why are brass band events usually so poorly advertised?
Whenever I or one of my band are in the UK, we always try to see a concert or
contest but always have difficulties finding details. On one occassion I
travelled to Wales to see a contest, which I was assured by a friend was on a
certain weekend. When I got there, the hotel staff, tourist information, "what's
on guides", newspapers, etc gave no indication I had arrived on the right
weekend. Even at the theatre, the was no poster, sign, nothing to indicate there
was a contest next day. To our great relief there was!!! (And it was very
enjoyable!!)

What's that about falling attendance at concerts?

William