Re: Test pieces - likes and dislikes

Alec Gallagher wrote:

> Also - (I bet no-one remembers this one) - Philip Lane's 'Concertino'.
> Disappeared from view some time in the eighties.

Blimey! Someone else who remembers Concertino! That was the 2nd section area
piece in about 1981 if my memory serves me correctly. I remember that piece
being a little strange to a 15 year old but I enjoyed working on it anyway.
While on the subject of 2nd section area pieces, does anyone remember Vilem
Tausky's "Concert Overture" from the previous year ? Was that a good piece of
music, or was I just very young? :)

Cheers,
Ade