Pedal Ab for BBb Bass

Revelation does have a solo pedal Ab for the 1st BBb bass.

It's not a note you normally find in anything except a Wilby contest piece and I wonder at
its practical application in this work.  If you ever heard it played, you may mistaken it
for the rumble of a passing bus and most basic stereos speakers don't even respond well to
the abuse a tuba gives them when replaying a recording of Revelation.

It is for me at least, an eccentric entity used for technical effect to help an
adjudicator distinguish between the technical abilities of 20 tuba players at the open (in
1996).

I seem to recall that whilst my attempt wasn't the loudest on the day, under contest
conditions, it didn't let the band down.

The only other benefit I can report for this note is in my improvement in the production
of pedals and therefore I used them liberally in almost everything else Daviss's ever did
after that,  much to the chagrin of KW.

John F.

ex Billy Davis