Re: Pedal Ab for BBb Bass

Interesting

> Revelation does have a solo pedal Ab for the 1st BBb bass.

I'm assuming you mean treble clef Ab as this is the B Band list.

Yes, the combination of 2/3 down there does work and work well with a good
clear sound. Most of the time it doesn't speak clearly unless you're near
the top of your game. The G just below it (4th valve)works on the odd
occasion and anything lower you might as well fake it. This is my lower
pedal register experience on both EEb and BBb tuba.

As for a practical use for these notes, i'm not too sure about it. Playing
the bottom octave in tandem with the other tubas is a very workable option
that gives "balls" to a band. In a solo sense the lower you go, the less
effective. That's just my opinion

Anyone else care to offer their experience? Adrian Raven :)

John Szkutko
South Brisbane Federal