Re: re : baritones

This is one of the interesting facts of brass banding. We all want to play
challenging parts but give less credence to the 2nd parts. When I do orchestra,
the aim is to play every note beautifully and that should be the aim and the
source of satisfaction in banding too. Actually, the difference between top
bands and others is usually the quality of the 2nd parts - horn, baritone and
cornet.

Baritone players, your parts are critical and don't let anyone tll you
otherwise. (not of course quite as critical as the trombone parts but that is
another story).

Dave Buckley