Important Parts - (was Re: Baritones!)

It's also interesting when composers not only give vital roles to 2nd
baritone/horn/back row but also to the 3rd and 4th solo cornets. Philip
Sparke's music makes full usage of the front row in pieces such as Harmony
Music, Partita and Variations on an Enigma giving 3rd and 4th down plenty to
get their teeth into.

Just goes to show you don't always have to be a principal player - but I
agree it depends on the music that the band is playing!

Alistair
Denham Hendon Brass