Re: Re; Instruments and accessories, etc.

Thanks to Alistair,Kirsty,Kenneth and Ian for their comments on the Silent
Brass kit; must put it on my Christmas present list, as it will save closing
all the windows and waiting for neighbours to go out.   But no-one has yet
voiced an opinion on my ramblings on whether instruments will be improved
in the next century with a better piston valve being invented.  Is anyone
old enough to remember the old fashioned typewriters with their heavy keys
which used to stick and the deafening noise in office typing pools ?
Compare them to our p.c. boards which just need a touch now.   And thousands
of other things that have been improved. I recently mentioned some stolen
instruments . I heard today that this is  now  another problem leading to
the local youth band packing in.   Any info. would be much appreciated if
these are being hawked around (three basses,trombones, and percussion).
Many thanks. David Williams.