Re: Brass Band Description

sanmarco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  am searching for a musical term, or descriptive term which is uniquely
>  Brass Band.

Hi Mike

try these which I have come across in various band rooms

Tempo de tarearse
blastissimo
pp = pathetically puny  (usually used sarcastically)
mp = mighty powerful   (usually used sarcastically)
Just let it bubble (to the bass trombone when you want them to produce "that"
sound)
Ripping Lino

I dont know if they are exclusive to Bands but what the heck.

I'd better stop now before I start to get into nostalgia.   Dont want to
upset the list again:-))

john davis