Pedals

Hi listers,

I had the bad luck to accidentally find the Radio 3 'Concert Of The
Century'(!)
on my car radio a few Sundays ago.

To my horror BBb bass players were composing  (or should that be
de-composing?) new bass lines to established repertoire - they very rarely
played in the octave the composer stipulated - IMO it sounded diabolical.

This type of 'macho' bass playing obviously displays a complete lack of
musicality on all those concerned (BTW I don't often hear soprano players
playing an 8ve higher than their written parts - could this be the next
'improvement' to our back catalogue of major works?).

I blame the conductors.
Steve Sykes - Tuba Soloist, Conductor
e-mail:
sykotuba@xxxxxxxxxxxx