Re: Re; Instruments and accessories, etc.

Just because something "works" is no reason for not improving it.  I can
recall taking photos. with a large plate camera on a tripod with a big black
cloth..and flash powder....it worked and produced perfect images.   But no
way would I like to use it now.  One could go on for ages citing things that
have been improved.   I just feel no-one has attempted to improve on the
piston valve ....either with a new material or anything else over the years.
Maybe makers are happy to carry on with the same tooling that has been used
for decades....if musicians are happy to pay say over 1000 for a decent
instrument .    By the way, can any of our friends in the States  tell us
how much a Vincent Bach Strad cornet SP costs in the USA. ?  In the U.K.
discounted it costs over 1400.   Are we having to pay too much in this
country ?   It looks as if motor car prices are set to fall.....why not
instruments ?   Cheers ....as I go to oil those  "......... " valves again.
David Williams.