Re: Brass Band Description

Graham

I feel I must disagree with your description of Repiano Cornet being ' A
good place to put someone who is not quite up to solo cornet but not yet on
the long slide to 2nd Baritone.'  With the exacting nature of the current
test pieces in use the rep must surely be as good as the prinicipal cornet
as the parts are generally working in duet with the top cornet and Sop or on
their own in a solo capacity.

Many people believe the rep seat is a staging post to front row but I
believe the reverse.  The rep must have the confidence of the prinicipal but
also slightly more stamina as unlike the top chair he/she hasn't got three
people to assist with the part, he/she is working alone.

David Sheedy
Soprano Cornet
Blackley Band