Re: We're recording our first CD!

At 9:16 PM -0400 10/17/99, mlathrop wrote:

>In about a week and a half, Cuyahoga Valley Brass Band is recording our
>first CD!  Unlike most of the band members, I have never done a recording
>session before.  Any tips for survival of this grueling process?
>
>While we're at it, any good war stories of recording sessions?

The New England Brass Band recorded its first CD last January and it
has just been released; it was an unforgettable experience for all of
us especially as we recorded it in Boston's historic Symphony Hall.
For me in particular it was very special as not only did I conduct
the disc, but I was soloist as well, and had the fun of my own band
backing me up in Sandy Smith's arrangement of "Frosty the Snowman."
The feeling of letting that pedal C go in Symphony Hall was like
watching the sun rise over the Grand Canyon!

My website contains a number of items about the recording and
recording session which some may find interesting (the CD itself is
available from our Band's website, SP&S in London [and other cities]
and Warwick Music):

Info about our new CD recording including a track list and order form:
	http://www.yeodoug.com/christmasjoy.html
Photos of the recording session and my personal thoughts about it:
	http://www.yeodoug.com/nebbphotos.html
The New England Brass Band website with more info on the recording:
	http://www.newenglandbrassband.org

Readers might also be interested in my comments on banding in
general, which speak of my recording sessions as soloist with Black
Dyke Band when we recorded my solo CD, "Proclamation":
	http://www.yeodoug.com/brassbands.html

All the best,

-Doug Yeo

Douglas Yeo
Bass Trombonist, Boston Symphony Orchestra
	http://www.yeodoug.com
Music Director, The New England Brass Band (Boston, USA)
	http://www.newenglandbrassband.org