Re: Brass Band Description

-----Original Message-----
From: GYoung <gyoung@xxxxxxxx>
To: brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brass-band@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 October 1999 21:14
Subject: RE: Brass Band Description

>It was a joke.
>My only real comment on rep is that if he/she
>has bad intonation it makes the sops job hell.
>
>Graham Young
>gyoung@xxxxxxxx
>Symphony Hamilton
>Weston Silver Band
>Celebration Brass

Likewise if the sop has bad intonation it makes life hell for the rep,
flugel and solo horn, to name but a few!!! I think if anybody has poor
intonation it affects those around him/her, I find it very hard to play in
tune if the person on one side is badly out!

  Kirsty McCafferty
  flugel.kjmc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/8361/