RE: We're recording our first CD!

Someone wrote....
>2. Make absolutely sure that your choice of "studio" has both good
>acoustics, with a little natural reverb. If possible, and is not likely to
>suffer from extraneous noises (traffic, phones ringing!, etc.)

Perhaps the best example of this was when Howard Snell Brass were recording
a CD. A small bird had managed to get inside the studio and was causing a
disturbance during the recording by tweeting (maybe this is where Mr Wilby
got the Euphonium bit in Dove Descending....). For fear of prosecution by
the RSPB I will not name names but one of the players had in his possession
an air-rifle which seemed to cure the problem fairly quickly.

Richard Dyson
Web Master Whitburn Band
e-mail:     webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website:   http://www.whitburnband.freeserve.co.uk