Re: Views on Nationals please

For what they're worth, here are my views on the Nationals

Firstly, like most people I've spoken to, the piece has definately grown
on me - I quite enjoyed playing it by the end.  It certainly wasn't easy
though!

As to the result, I think the adjuticators pretty much got it right,
maybe Faireys should have been placed a little higher.  I don't think
too many people will be defending YBS's perfromance.  Although most of
it was technically very good, the tempos were completely wrong (IMHO),
ie if somethings marked 152 why play it at 180!

>From a personal point of view, our band felt we played extremely well on
stage and were absolutely delighted with our 6th place.  This is our
first year up in the Championship section and it was a fantastic
achievement just to qualify for the Nationals from such a difficult
area.

Dan Loveday
2nd horn
Rothwell Temperance