Re: Views on Nationals please

>Come on people, where are all the comments and views on last weekends
>nationals.  I'm so used to reading comments after contests about how YBS
>were robbed (yawn!) that I'm having withdrawal symptoms.  Also, what do you
>think of the test piece.

Since you asked, here are my views on the Nationals:

I missed the first two bands (the alarm clock failed) but that's another
story.

I was surprised Fodens won from such an early draw - their bass section was
terrific and Nick managed to find detail which eluded all other bands.

The Brigus slow movement was magical (no change there then).

The Tredegar cornet section was awesome - the power was amazing and I look
forward to hearing them playing next to the glass partition of the cafeteria
at Pontins this Sunday.

I was expecting far less of Rothwell since the chat was that the Yorkshire
area was a farce - imho they played very well, musical too!

I resisted the temptation to purchase a score and spent the whole day
wondering what the sops were trying to play - almost every performance was
different!

First City amused with their coloured shirts!

I ended up enjoying the piece after some early concerns.

Well done everyone and see you all at Pontins.  btw, anyone got any spare
chalets?

Brian Easterbrook.
www.woodfallsband.freeserve.co.uk
01722 710074