RE: Various Soprano Cornets

I play a Shilke (as Robert Simpson has already mentioned) and find it is the
best I have blown.

I have tried the old Sovereign and Besson etc and found tuning problems in
mid range (particularly A's and C's).

I loved my Getzen soprano. It has a big bell and big sound, more like a B
flat.  But alas I struggled with the higher register and the sound didn't
seem to sit on top of the band.

It took a while to get used to the difference between the Getzen and the
Shilke but my range vastly improved and ability to blow loud also vastly
improved (Robert may be able to comment on this!).

Martin Irwin mentioned the berillium bells. What sort of difference does
this make?  What is the difference on cost?

  Aileen Lawrie
  Soprano WestpacTrust Rotorua
  Whakatane
  NEW ZEALAND
  Mail to: Aileen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Aileen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This e-mail has been checked for viruses and no viruses were detected.