Re: Music for the Common Man (errors in parts)

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Robert Lloyd wrote:

> I can't believe there are as many errors as 'Salute to
> Youth'. That was ridiculous. Although that was just a
> reprint of the original parts (not done on a
> computer), surely when you're guaranteed to sell
> around 20 copies of a piece it's worth re-jigging it
> to make it right?

> > Shall I waste my breath and complain. Most scores
> > are published using
> > software so the costs for re-printing are not so
> > high.

Although the software for producing new scores is relatively cheap, it
is important to remember the expensive (musically literate) staff time
required to input a new score, layout parts and then proof read it all.
I am sure I am not the only one who was amazed by the number of errors
that crept into the computer set version of Lowry Sketchbook that were
not in the original hand written edition!

pete
--
Pete Denton - accessing the net with SuSE Linux since 13/07/99