Re: Coloured shirts and uniforms at contests

Dave McKay wrote:

> Love to all.

Why thank you Davie man

> But Kirsty/Colin, don't talk rubbish about multicoloured shirts
> etc!!!

FCB are quite open about the fact that they have no money so cannot
buy smart band uniforms.  As a new band without sponsorship their
solution seems to be an imaginative and practical one.

But it isn't an entirely new idea.  The London Sinfonietta (our
leading 20th Century music ensemble in the UK) play in coloured
shirts, in spite of the fact that they offer a diet of serious, newly
commissioned and often quite experimental music in some of the major
music venues all around the world.  They seem to have little problem
in attracting sponsorship!

I agree that traditional band uniforms can look very smart but think
its great when a band dares to be different!

David