Re: Coloured shirts and uniforms at contests

Good on you Jeremy for defending your band.  There have been plenty of great
bands which have played in shirt sleeves - remember Dave King's poverty-stricken
kids' band, otherwise known as Swinton Concert Brass (later Open champs).  And
plenty of bands have bad taste uniforms or shirts - Grimethorpe still has those
incredibly ugly dark purple shirts Tom Paulin selected for them in the 70s
(tasteful player but no taste in clothes!).
Glenn McGowan