RE: To Wear - Or What To Wear!

To Colin and everyone else on the list,

Whilst my colleague Dave McKay has his own views about most matters, and not
wishing to get involved in his discussions about uniforms, for the sake of
correctness I must point out that the Ever Ready Company ceased sponsoring
our Band in September 1992. Since that time we have been entirely
self-supporting which has involved members paying for accommodation when an
overnight stay is necessary (6 National Finals, 5 Masters, 5 Grand Shields
and 1 Pontins to be exact). Whilst we have never won a major National title,
the band is still the top band in the North East , and I feel that this is
down to the dedication and commitment of the players, and is something we
are very proud of.
We did consider reverting back to our former name (Craghead Colliery), but
felt that as we are well known as Ever Ready Band we would stick with it and
attempt to find a new sponsor. You did not give a view on our appearance on
Saturday, but if you did witness our performance I would be interested to
hear what you thought of our uniforms which are over 25 years old now.
I will leave Mr McKay to pen a suitable reply, if he feels the need, and
look forward to reading more on this lively debate.

Les Palmer
Soprano Cornet & Band Manager
Ever Ready Band

Colin Randle wrote :-

	Bands with lucrative sponsorship are decreasing year by year,  what
	would, I wonder, be the position of Ever Ready band be if they were
	lose their sponsorship, heaven forbid.  Believe me , it's a
struggle.