RE: Various Soprano Cornets

My band were very disappointed when i had not joined in the debate so for
alec & ali's sake here goes.
I have played B&H , Getzen old and new , Yamaha and Stirling. I eventually
went for a Shilke which i should have done years ago and saved money in the
long run.
Its a personal thing but i think it is excellent, ( you wont find a perfect
instrument ). I went for one without a Beryllium Bell as i preferred the
sound. Beryllium is, i think, harder than Brass so they can make the bell
thinner which gives it a more brilliant tone.
Play a few before spending that hard earned cash even if they are all the
same model because they vary between instruments.

Gerry    Sop Denham Hendon