Re: Area Adjudicators

Alan Morrison wrote:

> I applaud the Yorkshire Area Committee`s decision to engage Philip Sparke -
> the composer of the test-piece - to adjudicate the 2000 Yorkshire Area.
>
> Wouldn`t it be good if the Area Secretaries could co-ordinate all the
> Championship Section Contests so that none clashed on the same date, and
> engaged Philip to do the lot????

I agree Alan. But I'm not sure that all composers (including Philip) actually
enjoy judging do they?

It's a tricky business for them I suppose. They are always going to want bands
to buy their compositions / arrangements, but if they judge, inevitably they are
going to upset some bands. Subsequently those bands may not purchase any new
music written by them. May be small minded thinking I agree, but it must be
true.

Have we got any of these people on the list who could clarify?

Monkey