Tuning problems.

Anyone with a flugel ever had tuning probems with a low note please ?
Bottom B natural (2nd valve) sounds  very flat on my instrument (made in a
foreign land where I think they pay the workers with nuts).  To get the same
note on my cornet I need to yank the main slide out about 2inches.   Short
of using a hacksaw on the 2nd vale tubing maybe I need to find a Lada to
reverse over it !   If my numbers come up this week-end which Flugel would
the experts advise me to buy. (exclude the Monette Flumpett please.... you
would need a mortgage).  Thanks.  David.