Re: Coloured shirts and uniforms at contests

CPMcH@xxxxxxx wrote:

> As a SABBA executive member, SABBA wouldn't dream of telling a band how to
> dress. Indeed I remember Croy Parish band used to regularly dress in coloured
> shirts for contests some years ago. I personally didn't like it,  but so what.

Colin,

It was Clydebank who wore the coloured shirts that day, I remember rehearsing in a
hall before them in Falkirk. They were definitely told by SABBA that it was not
allowed, it was brought up at an executive meeting and minuted that full uniform
should be worn, and they would be lettered to be told this. Of course, things may
have changed now you young lads are on the executive ;-)

<JT>